Haberman, Marlow and Rich, Inc. / Lighthouse Strategic Group
Your privacy on the Lighthouse Strategic Group (Lighthouse) site
What information do we gather?
Lighthouse collects information in two ways: (1) passively (for example, through our website’s technology), and (2) actively (for example, if you send us an e-mail request).
When you visit our site, we use Google Analytics and other publicly available resources to automatically collect some information from your computer or web browser. The information includes:
- Information about your computer, including (where available) your operating system and browser type, to filter traffic and to report on statistics.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access (including but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data).
We also collect information when you voluntarily submit it to us. For example:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes registering to use the site, subscribing to services, newsletters and alerts, registering for a conference, requesting a white paper or applying for a job. Pages that collect this type of information may provide further information as to why your data is needed and how it will be used. It is completely up to you whether you want to provide it.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Responses to surveys that we distribute in which you elect to participate.
- Any postings, comments or other content that you upload or post to this site or another Lighthouse domain.
When this information relates to or identifies you, we will treat it as “personal data”.
How do we use information that we collect from this site?
We use personal data that you submit to us to provide you with information you request and for other purposes which we would describe to you at the point where it is collected or which will be obvious to you. For example:
- To fulfill your requests for white papers, articles, newsletters or other content.
- For surveys or research questionnaires.
- To personalize your site experience.
- To contact you for marketing purposes where you have agreed to this.
If you ask for more information about the services that Lighthouse provides, we may store and use the information you provide for marketing purposes. If you submit a technical question to us, we may store your question and we may contact you if we need clarification on the question. Also, we may post your question along with our answer on our site. However, we will not include your last name or email address if we post an answer to your question.
Similarly, if you contact us through our site to inquire about employment opportunities with Lighthouse, we may collect and store the information you provide for recruiting purposes. Please note that people under 18 years old are not authorized to submit recruiting information on our site.
We analyze your IP and browser information to determine what is most effective about our site, to help us identify ways to improve it and, eventually, to determine how we can tailor our site to make it a more positive user experience.
Will we share your personal data with outside parties?
We will not sell personal data to third parties. We generally only share personal data with our contracted service providers and advisors. However, there will be other times when we need to share or disclose personal data you provide for a specific purpose.
We may provide information we collect that does not allow you to be personally identified (“Aggregate Information”) to third parties, including without limitation, information about your access and use of the site. For example, we might provide such Aggregate Information to a third party to inform the party of the number of users of the site and the activities that they conduct while on the site.
What about sensitive personal data?
We do not generally seek to collect sensitive personal data through our website. If we do seek to collect such data, we will ask you to expressly consent to our proposed uses of the data. If you provide us with unsolicited sensitive personal data, you are consenting to our use of that data subject to applicable law.
What about data security?
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the sites of our partners and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these sites, please note that these sites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or sites. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these sites.
You are entitled to know whether we hold personal data about you and, if we do, to have access to that personal data and require it to be corrected if it is inaccurate. You can do this by using our Contact Us form.